Michelle Jones, Board Certified, Labor and Employment Law.
Labor and Employment Law is the practice of law dealing with the relationships among employers, employees or their labor organizations, except workers’ compensation. It includes, by way of definition not limitation, State or Federal laws regulating or involving:
• Labor relations (National Labor Relations Act),
• Occupational Safety and Health (does not include workers’ compensation or non-subscriber matters),
• Equal Employment Opportunity,
• Wage and Hour and leave matters, including FLSA, FMLA, USERRA, Texas Payday Act, and
judicial review of unemployment compensation matters,
• Employment-related torts, employment contracts, and 42 U.S.C. 1983 employment litigation, and
• Whistleblowers and non-EEO retaliation.
Only Board Certified attorneys have been tested at the highest level and earned the right to publicly represent themselves as a specialist in a select area of law. You may visit the Texas Board of Legal Specialization to see the standards for certification. Michelle Jones has been Board Certified In Labor and Employment Law since 1995.